- All sections are recognized by PSA. The acceptances in these sections are taken into account for PSA’s Star Ratings, Galaxy & Diamond Ratings & Who’s Who etc.
- Maximum size of any image 1024 pixels on the horizontal side 768 pixels vertical resolution of 300 dpi, (Maximum Size 1 MB), 8 bit, sRGB and saved as a large jpeg file to be titled as per entry form. Files of larger size shall be rejected.
- No RENAMING is needed. Your Image caption/title shall be your file name. Please limit titles to 35 characters.
- Image MUST NOT contain any watermarks or any identification about the author.
- All entries to be made via our electronic entry system accessible from www.horizon-photo.in
- For any questions, please email email@example.com
- PID Images will be displayed using Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2040 Tri-LCD for judging.
Conditions of Entry
- All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to PSA.
- Entry is open to all photographers, amateur and professional, worldwide.
- Monochrome images accepted in PID recognized Color sections shall only be credited towards PID Color Star Path.
- The maximum entry in each Class per author is 4 (four).
- An entrant's four images will be presented to the judges randomly.
- The same image must NOT be entered in more than one Class - This includes altered and unaltered images.
- Entries must originate as photographs, (image captured of objects via light sensitivity), made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally.
- All final work must be digital file (.jpeg ONLY), photographic or digital print material mounting excepted.
- By virtue of submitting and entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
- The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright.
- Please limit titles to 35 characters.
- All imagery MUST be the total and exclusive work of the submitting author and may not include any element that was originated by or is the copyright of other photographers.
- For awarded images, RAW/unedited Jpeg file may be requested. If requested, in case of non-compliance, award will be denied.
- The right of reproduction in relation to the exhibition, including digital representation, will be assumed upon entering. Images submitted may be used to promotion in other salons/circuits.
- The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
- ENTRIES RECEIVED WITHOUT FEES WILL NOT BE JUDGED. ENTRY FEE MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN CLOSING DATE. ENTRY FEE DETAILS MUST BE SENT WITH REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS. ENTRY FEE SENT AFTER CLOSING DATE WITHOUT PERMISSION SHALL BE FORFEITED WITHOUT CLAIM.
- THE SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY SIGNIFIES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES & CONDITIONS.
Conditions of Entry
The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions. An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant. Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated provided the photographic content predominates, subject to Nature, Photo Travel and Photojournalism divisional restrictions. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted. No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition. Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image: May not be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title. May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language. Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames. An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
- The jury’s decisions are final. No correspondence shall be entertained.
- Images entered in one section cannot be entered in any of the other sections either altered or unaltered.
- Concerning digital entries, we recommend that authors should preserve intact, with no alteration, the original metadata of images.
- Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA recognized salon/exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image :
- May not be re-entered in any section of the same division Star Rating class (for PSA) in that exhibition regardless of media, format or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any PSA recognized salon/exhibition words such as “Untitled” and “No-Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture file names or titles consisting of only numbers.
BREACH OF CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
If the exhibition determines before, during, or after the judging that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition reserves the right and discretion to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards. Fees may be forfeited in these circumstances. In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition may carry out checks on the images to make sure that:
- the images are the original work of the entrant and
- the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
This may involve asking the entrant to provide originally captured image(s), with EXIF data intact, by a set deadline. The questioned image(s) of any entrant failing to comply with such a request for the original image(s) may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition.
Definition of the black and white photography (monochrome) A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. Monochrome Definition An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of grey which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work. Projected Image Division - PID Projected images in separate color and monochrome (see above for Monochrome definition) classes whether they are from digital files or slides. The subject matter is unrestricted. There may be a theme specified for some PSA-recognized PID exhibitions and the exhibition’s definition of the theme should be consulted. Each class has its own Star Ratings path.